Memos Related to Academic HR, for AAAs
Updated: July 9, 2021
- Provostial Funding for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)’s Faculty Success Program & Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program, 2021-22 (July 9, 2021): This memo is intended to remind Deans, Principals, Chairs, and Directors that the University continues to maintain an institutional registration in the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, which offers “independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students.”
- Faculty and graduate students may register for a free sub-account at www.facultydiversity.org/institutions/utoronto
- The Provost’s Office will contribute 50% of the cost associated with the NCFDD’s Faculty Success Program and with the Post-Tenure Pathfinders programs provided that the home unit or Dean’s Office contributes the remainder of the funds.
- Update on Merit (PTR/5%) for the 2020-21 Academic Year (PDAD&C #79) (June 17, 2021): To date, the University and UTFA have not reached an agreement about July 1, 2021 PTR. Consequently, it will not be possible to pay July 1, 2021 PTR as part of the July 2021 pay run. Instructions regarding the feedback from the annual assessment process and issuing salary letters are provided.
- Update on Merit (PTR/5%) Process for the 2020-21 Academic Year (PDAD&C #69) (May 13, 2021): The University has proposed to UTFA that we agree that payment of PTR for July 1, 2021 be made in the July 2021 pay run. All Faculties and the Library should move forward with the process of assessment of faculty members and librarians and should work to ensure that calculations are complete for potential payment of July 1, 2021 PTR and any 5% merit for the July 2021 pay run pending agreement.
- Changes to the University of Toronto Workload Policy and Procedures for Faculty and Librarians (WLPP) (PDAD&C#54) (March 19, 2021): This memo includes two substantive changes that must be implemented as workload is assigned this spring.
- Changes to the Academic Administrative Procedures Manual Regarding PTR Guidelines for Faculty (PDAD&C#53) (March 12, 2021). This memo includes:
- Clarification that faculty must be informed in writing of the evaluation process for Progress Through the Ranks (PTR) in their units
- Details to be included in salary letters
- Clarification regarding the assessment of teaching stream faculty
- Eligibility for PTR